Thursday, May 28, 2015

Bike Lights Front and Back Set By BluPond® review

I received this light combo set at no expense to me for my honest unbiased review.
 
So I am going to talk about the parts,  how they work and if they work correctly.
 
The case: A
So as soon as you get it you will notice the special carrying case it comes in. As soon as I got a hold of it I dropped it and I was so disappointed thinking nice just broke it. Yet to my surprise the case only opened but wasn't damaged at all and everything stayed in place. The inside of the case is made of a foam type substance with cutouts for the items. Very similar to an entry handgun case. This material protects your items and holds them in place easily without scratching. Although the clips that hold the case aren't real tight but not lose; I would prefer tighter but that wouldn't let you have easy access.
 
The flashlight:A+
So when you get the flashlight you will see it is inside the clip or adaptor that you will use to put on your bicycle. I wanted to see if and how easy it would be to take out the flashlight from the adapter. Turns out it is very simple. The light 2 main ways to adjust the amount and way you get light. If you rotate the top part called the dimmer you go from a small sized very bright light stream all the way to a dull large stream. Which will work great depending on the terrain and weather you are cycling through. The next way to adjust is by tapping, Not clicking the power button, you will have 3 settings bright, dim and then flashing. All of which worked great. I liked that they included 2 power options, an adapter to use AAA batteries and a rechargeable large battery (which had some charge already which was nice to be able to try it out immediately). It is made in a hard metal casing like most high end flashlights. It comes with a strap so you can carry it also you can clip your keys on it when you ride. I am not sure what the metal tip at the base is for but I already imagined that I could use it as an emergency tool to crack, break,  split something.
 
The back light: A+
One of the mayor concerns of any cyclists is being visible on the road. Honestly reflectors are not always effective. So it's awesome that this is part of the kit. The back light has multiple light bulbs and various settings. Of cause there is on and off but there is a variety of pulsating and left to right lighting patterns which no one will be able to ignore. This back light also projects spacing lines at the back of your bicycle to mark safety lines people should respect to keep you and them safe. I found it comical that these lines also pulsate with the back lights. Very lightweight and simple to remove from the bicycle adaptor by pushing the button.
 
The accessories: A+
Rechargeable battery- works well
AAA adaptor for flashlight- nice backup power option.
2 AAA batteries for back light- included
USB charging cable for flashlight- awesome option for people like me who have portable power banks to have their electronics function for longer periods of time.
Car charger cable for flashlight- works for charging up the light on the go.
Mounting adaptors for lights- work well, stay in place and do not damage to metal it grips onto (I scratched up a shotgun with a badly thought up adaptor for my hunting light)
I have to say even though it is not as inexpensive as other options you do get great value for the price. I give this a 5/5 rating I definitely love it.  I will update this review if there are any issues. I honestly plan on using this light for hunting and fishing too because I like it that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment